IMPORTANT: ALL ATTENDEES AND BIDDERS MUST READ: By participating in the auction, each bidder and attendee agrees to be bound by the following Rules and Regulations:
1. The winning bidder (hereafter "Purchaser") buys the entire storage unit and all contents therein. Purchaser is required to remove everything from the space and leave it in "broom swept" condition within 48 hours after the sale unless otherwise specified by the District Manager. Removal of goods is permitted only during posted office hours.
2. Purchaser shall return all photos, documents (e.g., birth certificates and passports), and other personal items ("Personal Property") to the property office. Purchaser agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Public Storage and the owner of the facility for all claims and demands relating to the Personal Property.
3. Purchaser forfeits all rights to all goods not removed within 48 hours, and agrees that Public Storage may, at its election, resell or dispose of the goods without further notice to Purchaser or any refund of monies paid.
4. The defaulted tenant has the legal right to cure the account thus canceling the auction up until the payment is received from the winning bidder, unless otherwise stated in the state's lien laws or by the storage facility.
5. Bidders may not collude or coordinate in any way.
6. All goods are sold "as is." There are no warranties or guarantees of any kind. Public Storage makes no warranty of title. Bids will be made based on visual inspection only.
7. Sales tax must be paid or Purchaser must present completed Resale or Exemption Certificates for every unit they purchase. The signature on each certificate must be original and currently dated; no posted or predated certificates will be accepted.
8. When the sale is transacted, Purchaser must complete a Certificate of Public Sale form at the property location and may pay by cash, credit or debit card.
9. Public Storage reserves the right to cancel the sale for any reason. Sales are not concluded until all paperwork is completed and tenant accounts are verified for any payments received prior to the transaction with winning bidder at the property.
10. This is a public sale. Public Storage makes no guarantees or representations regarding the privacy, security, or the confidentiality of your information.
11. Public Storage is not responsible for any damage/injury to persons or property that occurs during, after, or as a result of, participating in this sale.
12. The Purchaser may not resale goods on Public Storage property.
13. Any claim against Public Storage arising out of or related to this sale that is not brought within 12 months from the date it arises is waived.
14. Public Storage reserves the right to null and void the auction and sale of any unit if, among other reasons, the District Manager verifies that the tenant has paid the outstanding balance in full prior to the sale transaction at the property.
15. Any violation of the above rules or the rules expressed by any Public Storage employee may result in bidders being barred from future sales. Public Storage reserves the right to refuse to do business with any person.
Pick Up and Disposal
1. You must have a Paid Invoice in order to pick up unit contents.
2. You must provide a valid Photo I.D. to the Site Manager.
3. If you have an Unpaid Invoice, please update your credit card in your account and click "Pay Now" to generate a Paid Invoice.
4. If your credit card declines for payment of StorageTreasures' fees, you have 24 hours to pay said fees or the unit may be offered to alternate bidders.
5. A refundable cleaning deposit of $100, payable in cash, is required.
6. No trash may be disposed in the Public Storage trash area.
7. You must bring your own lock to secure the unit.
8. If you would like to rent the unit after the auction, the manager can assist you.
9. No pets allowed at facility.
10. Respect the property, managers, tenants, and other buyers at all times.